Discuss all topics related to sketching

Moderator:mdmattin

mdmattin
one of the regulars
Solo Show

Post by mdmattin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:04 am

postcard.jpg
postcard.jpg (158.97KiB)Viewed 1942 times

Getting ready for my upcoming solo show “Paintings and Paraphernalia” at UMass Science and Engineering Library, September 3 - December 13, 2019. The opening reception is Wednesday October 23, 4-6 PM.

The exhibit includes new and recent oils, watercolors, and drawings, including landscapes, figures, sketches, and works from imagination. Also on display will be custom equipment and measuring devices invented by the artist, with descriptions of construction and use.

The Science and Engineering Library is located in the Lederle Graduate Research Center Lowrise, Floor 2, Room A273, 740 North Pleasant St., Amherst, MA.

Matthew

Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Re: Solo Show

Post by Andre Jute » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Cheering for you, Matthew.

I'm impressed by your versatility.
Andre Jute
FacebookNetsitePublisher

Rebecca
one of the regulars

Post by Rebecca » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Great theme, Matthew! I hope you get all kinds of intriguing feedback from the science oriented audience, and maybe even draw out closet artists from the crowd. Inspire away!
Rebecca

mdmattin
one of the regulars

Post by mdmattin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you, Andre and Rebecca,

The science/math/art connection should be interesting. I fell a bit presumptuous trotting out my rudimentary math before such an audience, but I hope they will appreciate the artistic connection. I'm sure there are closeted or even out and proud artists among the scientists - I know an Astronomy prof who is also an accomplished landscape painter among others - and perhaps even some artists who enjoy taking their left brains out for a spin once in while.

Matthew

snippety
one of the regulars

Post by snippety » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 am

yes - cheering - hope you had a great night and ongoing month or 2 of feedback and good conversations.

thank you for your inspiration.