Re: Welcome to Sketch Talk

Post by Russ » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 am

Welcome to the forum, lapi!

Classic
familiar face

Post by Classic » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello!

There are already some people I know among the forum members, so I don't feel stranger here. :wink: Furthermore I was told that people is very friendly and lovely here, that is what I enjoy most in a forum :)

Just a few things about my self:

I'm not an art professional as many of you, I come from the engineering domain. Nevertheless I always was into the arts, since I always was passionate with music (mostly classical piano, history, theory, harmony... ) and photography (I had my own darkroom for years).

Of course, as a child I had my coloured pencils and my watercolours to mess up with (on paper and sometimes on the walls of my bedroom :P ). Later, I had even some coloured markers, that was rather luxurious at the time.

As a teenager in the secondary school I worked with gouache, oil pastels and collage. Then, I did my first steps into the drawing by learning the basic rules of perspective from the art teacher as well as from my father (architect).

There is an architectural tradition in my family (my grand father, my father, my sister), so I learned me too technical and free hand drawing in a dedicated school. However I was attracted by the engineering science, that's why I almost left the practice of the drawing and sketching for years.

As a postgraduate student, I did some clay and pottery work in a student association. I left clay and pottery since then due to lack of facilities. In the next years I almost left painting too, except gouache and coloured pencils a few times. In the late years I felt a need to come back to the painting art. I realized that there is an immense variety of materials and techniques available, therefore the problem for an amateur is what to choose from all this. I think to the watercolours. In addition, I have to regain and improve my sketching ability, because it is the base of any artistic sector.

Emmanuel
Emmanuel

mdmattin
one of the regulars

Post by mdmattin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome to the forum, Emmanuel!
Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself and your art experience. Most of us do other things for a living and have other interests, but share a deep love for art and sketching in particular. This is a good place to share your work and learn from others. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are working on.
Matthew

Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Post by Andre Jute » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am

Welcome, Emmanuel!

Andre Jute

Harry
one of the regulars

Post by Harry » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 am

Hi. My name is Harry and I'm new to this forum. I have been drawing on and off for most of my adult life, mainly cartoons. I have been getting more and more interested in simply capturing the world around me in B&W and I am looking forward to sharing and learning from this forum.

Rebecca
one of the regulars

Post by Rebecca » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:13 am

Harry wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 am
Hi. My name is Harry...I am looking forward to sharing and learning from this forum.
Hi Harry, Welcome to the forum!
Rebecca